3/26/08

Day Three - March 26, 2008

Schedule: 6:45-Group meets on lobby
7:00-Photograph Habitat for Humanity
12:30-back at hotel

2:30-critique
4:30-street car
5:00-cemetery

6:45-7:15-wait for street car!
10:45-Sleep Time!!!

Reaction: It was a early morning, we started in a neighborhood of the upper 9th ward where the Habitat for Humanity was building houses for local musicians. We started early enough to get the morning light. I spent much of the day photographing brightly colored houses and the construction of those
houses. I was given a chance to run around almost on my own and work on images. I found the images that I like best were the ones when "the moment" showed up unexpectedly while I was setting up for another shot.














Late afternoon we then grabbed a street car and headed towards the Greenwood cemetery along Canal Street. We were informed that the cemetery may be closed, but we ran into a woman who guided us to a opening in the fence. We shot there for just over an hour and then preceded to get another street car back. I am beginning to notice a trend in the transportation system here; it makes me appreciate the system in Minneapolis to say the least. We wait for a half hour for a street car to come by; the kicker of it all is that for the whole half hour we could see the street car, but had to wait until it came towards us. The whole experience in general was humorous.





3 comments:

Colleen said...

Liz, your work is looking terrific. You have a great sense of light. I look forward to new pictures. I'm glad you made this journey with us.
CM

Michelle said...

Hey Liz,

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and am so glad you all had a good experience in NOLA. I look forward to seeing the images that come out of this trip!

Michelle

Jess Nolan said...

Liz- I love the shots you got this day!!